Thursday, October 1, 2009

living in the moment

well a month of "living in the moment" has gone quickly. i have enjoyed this journey and glad i have been able to stop and live in the moment for awhile.
its been hard, I've had good days and bad, sometimes its easy just to be and other times i had to fight with myself to stop and focus on the moment. the boys help me to stop and we have shared some special moments. i hope that this month has started a habit and that i can live in the moment more and more. i have just stumbled on this blog and i like the following words..


5 Inspirations for Being in the Moment.


Normally, we do not so much look at things as overlook them. — Alan Watts.
Every Thursday is Happiness Day on Zen Habits.
How often have you eaten a meal and not really tasted it, or completed a chore or drove to work without really thinking about it?
Our days often pass us by while our minds are elsewhere
living in the moment is sometimes known as mindfulness

i know it has to start slowly and each day if i can stop and appreciate a moment in time, i believe my family and i will benefit from it. An example of this was tonight the boys wanted me to sleep with them in the tent, instead of just saying no and kissing them goodnight and getting on with my own night, i lay with them till they went to sleep, enjoying the moment of just being with my boys listening as their breathing changed and not wanting to be anywhere else.
thanks for sharing my journey with me, i look forward to enjoying many more moments in time.

No comments: